Swim Smooth Hamilton Squads
What, where, how and wherefore
If you can swim 200m of freestyle (continuous) and would like to join an adult swim squad then Swim Smooth Hamilton based at the Fastlane Fitness indoor Pool is definitely for you. Being a full time professional swim coaching program means that we can offer you up to thirteen weekly squad training sessions to cater for a variety of needs and schedules that are focused towards making you a better freestyle swimmer both in the pool and in open water. Each session has dedicated lanes set aside, with a maximum of 6 swimmers in each lane, for novice swimmers through to seasoned open water swimmers and triathletes.
Check out the full timetable: here
In a given week we like to operate a regular cycle or structure which ensures that you know what to expect from each session and equally what benefits that session will give you from a fitness and technique perspective.
This is what you can expect at the various sessions throughout the week:
- Monday 5.35am, 6.40am & 9.30am: A pure technique session, offering you the chance to come in and work on your stroke. A great way to start the week and particularly suitable to those who've recently done a 1-2-1 Video Analysis session.
- Tuesday 5.35am: This 1hr25min session is for those who have a diesel engine and like longer, challenging swim sets at moderate paces.
- Tuesday 6.30pm, Wednesday 5.35am, 6.40am & 9.30am: This 1hr session is a shorter version of the Tuesday 5.35am session.
- Thursday 5.35am: Taking components of the Monday's technique session with the inclusion of speed/anaerobic threshold work to create a 1hr25min session. This session can be both very challenging, highly rewarding and, surprisingly enough, fun!
- Thursday 6.30pm, Friday 5.35am, 6.40am & 9:30am: Similar to the Thursday 5.35am session but only 1hr.
- Saturday 7.00am: This is a free un-coached session. Over winter these sessions range in distance from between 4.0km to 6.0km and during the summer months are conducted at Lake Puketirini, Huntly. Essential pace awareness work in the pool and some specific open water skills in the lake.
Fees & Charges
There is no membership fee to join the Swim Smooth Hamilton Squad
PAYG (Pay As You Go) credits come in the following denominations:
SINGLE (1-year expiry) for $12.00*, for swimmers attending on a casual basis
10 (3-month expiry) for $100.00* or $10.00 per session, for swimmers swimming on average 1-2 times per week
25 (6-month expiry) for $225.00* or $9.00 per session, for swimmers swimming on average 2-3 times per week
50 (9-month expiry) for $350.00* or $7.00 per session, for swimmers swimming on average 3-4+ times per week
*prices correct for the period 1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019. Prices do not include pool entry (payable to the pool). The pool offers various payment schedules starting at $7.50 for a general admission. For further details of the pool we use click: here
The expiry period of the credits commences when you use the first credit to attend a session from that block purchase, not from when you buy the actual credits; because of this you can pay for sessions ahead of a holiday for example and not worry about them expiring whilst you are away. Swimmers can also request a single 1-month extension to any of the credit denominations in the event of illness or injury occurring once a credit block has commenced.
How to Use the PAYG System and Initial Set Up
Please follow the simple step-by-step set-up instructions below to get started. You will only need to complete these steps once. This set-up process should take you no longer than 10-15 minutes.
You now have two options for paying for PAYG credits and how you will sign in for each session you attend, which we'll refer to as "The Traditional Way" and "The Techno Kid Way" - both of which involve paying online and upfront of your attendance to a session, and both of which now allow you to easily notify us when you cannot attend. The major change now is that you'll hold an easily accessible online account with us where you can check your credits, book more sessions and easily cancel if you need to.
Traditional Way: You only have access to a computer with an internet connection, but not a phone which can host an app (either iOS or Android). You want to just rock up, sign in, and be on your way. You're happy to be notified automatically by email and / or SMS when your credits are running low and are happy to login easily using the portal below to manage your schedule when you know you might not be able to attend. This way takes a little less effort initially setting up, but is not quite as swift and smooth as the Techno Kid Way for ongoing use.
The Techno Kid Way: you want an easy way to pay, sign in, manage your schedule and let us know with the tap of a button when you won't be here. You have access to a phone running the iOS or Android operating systems (i.e. iPhones, Samsung Galaxy or these devices). You want a system that stores your credit card details safely and securely (if you want to let it) and then allows one-tap secure payments to ensure you don't waste an extra second of your valuable time. You want to push ahead of the queue for the new iPad kiosk and sign in on the pool deck with a simple app on your device, heck, you might be so organised that you do that before you even turn up to the pool, so easy is the new system! This way takes a little more effort initially setting up, but will be very swift and smooth for ongoing use.
Setup - The Traditional Way
1. Sign up to the portal by clicking on the link in number 6 below and then clicking on the MY INFO tab - fill in your appropriate details e.g. email/username, password, mobile, etc. You may need to add your address details as well at this point. Click Save.
2. Once you have created your account, under Billing Information, you may wish to elect to securely store your credit card details for future one-click use. The system uses a PCI Level 1 security interface to safeguard your information. We - Swim Smooth Hamilton - never see that information.
3. You can now top-up your account using your credit card by opting for a 10, 25, 50 credit denomination (or a casual pass). To do this go to the ONLINE STORE tab and from the Services drop-down menu choose Swim Squad Sessions and then select your chosen credit denomination and then proceed to check out. Ezidebit HealthFit MB; will show on your credit card statement.
4. Your credits will be added to your account and the expiry will commence when you use the first one from that batch. You can now book your swim sessions under the Swim Squad Sessions Tab.
5. You can check your account credit balance any time by re-visiting this website and logging in using the LOGIN button at the top of every page.
6. Sign up to the portal: here
Setup - The Techno Kid Way
1. Sign up in the portal by clicking on the link in number 7 below and then clicking on the MY INFO tab - fill in your appropriate details e.g. email/username, password, mobile, etc. You may need to add your address details as well at this point. Click Save.
2. Switch now to your iOS or Android device and download the free 'GO Beyond Physical Limits' app by going to your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and searching for 'GO Beyond Physical Limits' and elect to download the free app.
3. Once successfully downloaded, create a 'GO Beyond Physical Limits' app account using the same username and unique password you've just used in Step 1 above. This ensures you only have one password to ever remember - sweet!
4. In the page that then opens up, click the Menu tab in the top left corner and then under the My Account tab you can elect to add a credit card under the Payment Methods link under your account name. This will then be securely stored for future use. The system uses a PCI Level 1 security interface to safeguard your information. We - Swim Smooth Hamilton - never see that information. Add some credit if you need it right now. Ezidebit HealthFit MB will show on your credit card statement.
5. In the Menu tab again, if you wish for your Swim Squad Sessions schedule to sync directly with your phone's calendar, click on Settings, turn on Calendar Syncing, choose the calendar that you already have set up in your phone as the most appropriate to sync to and finally choose an Alert at a pre-determined time before the session to remind you to come on down and have some fun at the pool!
6. The only other configuration you might like to make is also under the Menu tab and is the Ask me to sign into class setting - turning this on will ask you if you want to sign in for the session you have scheduled prior to the commencement of that session, saving you time on the pool deck and allowing you to leave your phone in the car or even at home.
7. Sign up to the portal: here
Now that you're nicely set-up for the new PAYG system, you've done all the hard work and can just continue showing up for the sessions you have allocated for, unless you notify us otherwise. Here's how you're likely to do that:
The Traditional Way
• To sign in on pool deck: you will use the iPad kiosk situated at the shallow end of the pool. This will simply require you to scroll to find your name and to press only the check box to the right of your name. You're now signed in and can get in and swim. One credit will be deducted from your account.
• To add more credits: you need to sign into your account in the portal below and in the Online Store tab under Services, select which card denomination you want to add to your account - 10 / 25 / 50 sessions or a single Casual pass. This will then appear in your Account under My Info.
• To cancel a session up to 6 hours before: you need to sign into your account in the portal below, under the My Schedule sub-heading of the My Info tab, search for the session you can no longer attend (most probably the following day in this scenario) and elect to CANCEL in order to avoid having a session deducted from your account. You're most likely to need to do this in the event of being sick or being called into work at the last moment etc. Doing so releases your place to someone on the Wait List and helps us out massively by ensuring we fill our booked lanes - thank you in advance!
The Techno Kid Way
• To sign in on pool deck: you will likely avoid the queues for the single iPad kiosk at the pool by simply Signing In using the 'GO Beyond Physical Limits' app on your phone by navigating to the My Schedule tab and checking Sign In on the appropriate session. You're now signed in and can get in and swim. One credit will be deducted from your account which will be reflected immediately under the My Passes link from the My Info tab.
• To add more credits: you need to login to the 'GO Beyond Physical Limits' app on your phone, click on the Menu tab and then Buy Services and select which card denomination you want to add to your account - 10 / 25 / 50 sessions or a single Casual pass. If you've clicked your credit card this will be a one-click purchase - boom!
• To cancel a session up to 6 hours before: you need to sign into your 'GO Beyond Physical Limits' app, navigate to the session you wish to cancel in the My Schedule tab (most probably the following day in this scenario) and elect to 'CANCEL' in order to avoid having a session deducted from your account. You're most likely to need to do this in the event of being sick or being called into work at the last moment etc. Doing so releases your place to someone on the Wait List and helps us out massively by ensuring we fill our booked lanes - thank you in advance!